Prof. Markus Vodosek, PhD
Professor für Strategisches Management und Führung
Academic Director MBA
Telefon 07131 645636-32
Interpersonal relationships in teams and organizations, conflict management, cultural diversity, and social networks in organizations.
- Since 7/2010: Professor for Strategic Management and Leadership, GGS German Graduate School of Management & Law, Heilbronn
- 01/2010–06/2010: Associate Professor of Management (Lecturer), David Eccles School of Business, University of Utah, USA
- 05/2003–12/2009: Assistant Professor of Management, David Eccles School of Business, University of Utah, USA
- 08/2002–04/2003: Adjunct Lecturer of Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management, David Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, USA
- 07/1995–06/2002: Research Assistant, Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Group at the David Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, USA
- 08/2003: PhD, David Ross School of Business, University of Michigan (USA). Title of dissertation: »Finding the Right Chemistry: Relational Models and Relationship, Process, and Task Conflict in Culturally Diverse Research Groups«
- 04/1992: MBA, Portland State University in Oregon (USA)
- 07/1990: Dipl-Ing. (FH) in Media Technology, Stuttgart Media University (Germany)
- Jonsen, Karsten/Butler, Christina L./ Mäkelä, Kristiina/Piekkari, Rebecca/ Drogendijk, Rian/Lauring, Jakob/Lervik, Jon E./Pahl-berg, Cecilia/Vodosek, Markus/Zander, Lena (2012), Processes of International Collaboration in Management Research: A Reflexive, Autoethnographic Approach, in: Journal of Management Inquiry, online erschienen am 19. November 2012 als doi:10.1177/1056492612464429.
- Vodosek, Markus & Charla Brown (under review), Managing Growth at Backcountry.com. Business case and teaching note, Case Research Journal.
- Vodosek, Markus (2010), Relational Models in Cross-Cultural Collaboration, Proceedings of the 2010 International Conference on Intercultural Collaboration
- Vodosek, Markus & Kyle MacDonald (2010), One Paperclip. Negotiation exercise and teaching note. In 2010 Negotiation, Teamwork, and Decision Making Exercises, Evanston, IL: Dispute Resolution Research Center and Kellogg Team and Group Center at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management
- Vodosek, Markus (2009), The Correspondence Between Relational Models and Individualism and Collectivism: Evidence from Culturally Diverse Work Groups, International Journal of Psychology, 44, 120–128.
- Vodosek, Markus (2007), Intragroup Conflict as a Mediator Between Cultural Diversity and Work Group Outcomes, International Journal of Conflict Management, 18, 345–375
- Vodosek, Markus (2000), Relational Models and Their Effects on Relationship, Process, and Task Conflict in Work Groups. Best Paper Proceedings of the Academy of Management Meetings, Toronto, Canada, OB: J1–J6
- Vodosek, Markus & Kathleen M. Sutcliffe (1999), Overemphasis on Analysis: Decision Making Dilemmas in the Age of Speed. In Robert E. Quinn, Regina M. O’Neill, & Linda St. Clair (Eds.). Pressing Problems in Modern Organizations, pp. 153–174. New York: AMACOM
- Research-Chair for International Organizations Network (ION)
- Outstanding Reviewer, Managerial and Organizational Cognition Division of the Academy of Management
- Outstanding Reviewer, Eastern Academy of Management
- Nominated for William H. Newman Award for outstanding paper based on a recent dissertation, Conflict Management Division, Academy of Management Meetings
- Winner Pitney Bowes Award for Outstanding PhD Thesis in the Field of Diversity, George Harvey Program on Redefining Diversity, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- 2nd place INFORMS/Organization Science Dissertation Proposal Competition