International Summer Academy, 7–12 July 2014
The week-long course is taught by a team of GGS faculty and guest lecturers from companies and civic institutions. Company visits in the Heilbronn-Franken region of Germany and presentations by business and community leaders will deepen students‘ appreciation of the economic environment and the cultural context surrounding Germany‘s Mittelstand companies. There are five days of teaching, comprising 30-36 hours divided into ten half-day sessions at least. Each session typically consists of a combination of lecture by a GGS faculty member, company visit, and presentations by guest speakers. Students are able to earn up to 6 ECTS-Credits. The language of instruction is English.
Mittelstand Companies and Their Economic and Societal Context
- Introduction to Germany’s Mittelstand
- The Role of Mittelstand Companies in German Society
- Doing Business in Europe
- Legal Framework of Doing Business in Germany
The Internal Workings of Mittelstand Companies
- German Vocational Education: Developing Talent for the Mittelstand
- Marketing in Mittelstand Companies
- Strategic Management in Mittelstand Companies
- Human Resource Management in Mittelstand Companies
- Succession Management in Mittelstand Companies
- Innovation Management in Mittelstand Companies
Interacting With Mittelstand Companies as a Foreign Partner
- How to Deal With German Account Managers
- Collaborating for Sustained Innovation
- Being an Expat in Germany
A fun-loaded social and cultural programme complements the academic curriculum. We will explore the food of southern Germany, participate in a wine tasting at a local vintner, and visit Stuttgart, the capital of the state of Baden-Württemberg, where we will tour the Mercedes-Benz or the Porsche Museum.
- Current enrollment in an MBAprogramme or other master's levelbusiness programme (e.g., M.A. in Management, MSc in Management)
- At least 2 years of work experience
- Proof of Level B2 English languageproficiency (Common European Framework)
Course fee: 1490 EUR.
Course fee for students from cooperation partner universities: 645 EUR
The course fee includes tuition, 6 nights in a 3-star hotel,meals, and local transportation.
Course fee for students from GGS: 255 EUR (excl. hotel) or 645 EUR (incl. hotel)
Students are expected to cover their own way to and from Heilbronn, Germany.
Please contact constanze.wagenblast@ if you have any questions or by March 2014 to register. ggs.de